Learn to Skate
- 6 or 12 classes by a certified skating instructor
- Rental Skates
- Course Material
- Level Certification Badges
Our next round of learn to skate classes will take place over the summer. We are offering a our Fall and Winter sessions on Saturday mornings, Monday and Wednesday mid-day, or Monday/Wednesday evenings, 6 or 12 classes. Class level start times may differ.
*NOTE: no class on the following dates
|Session||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall (Saturday)||September 9th||October 14th|
|Fall (Monday/Wednesday)||September 11th||October 18th|
|Winter (Saturday)||October 28th||December 16th|
|Winter (Monday/Wednesday)||October 30th||December 13th|
Every person, any level!
Here at the McDonald Center, we are proud to offer ice skating lessons for skates of all ages, abilities, and degrees of experience regardless of a skater’s goals on the ice, may they be geared toward figure skating, hockey, speed skating, or simply recreational fun, our Learn to Skate program has something for everyone!
Under the structure of the Ice Sport Industry (ISI) curriculum, all of our skaters are provided with the fundamentals of ice skating with an emphasis on safety, fun, respect, and building a strong foundation of physical fitness and comfort on the ice.
Hallmarks of our program include the following:
- Encourages individuals to skate for FUN and enjoyment!
- Provides a friendly, reliable, educated skating staff comprised of senior instructors and volunteer junior instructors.
- Supports success of all our skaters by offering easily attainable testing levels for ages 3 years old through adults.
Not sure what level you or your skater fall into?
Visit the Ice Skating Industry website to learn more.
- Tots Program – Ages 3 – 5 years old
- Basic and up – Ages 6 through Adult
- Sessions run for six (6) weeks.
- Monday/Wednesday: $150 for 12 classes
- Saturday: $75 for 6 classes